Camfil Farr is a global manufacturer of air filtration equipment and associated services.
In order to better understand customer requirements and improve the efficiency of its own business, Camfil Farr decided to implement the new energy management system standard, BS EN 16001.
The standard enables an organisation to develop and implement a policy, identify areas of significantly high energy consumption and target energy reductions.
- Better understand the political, legislative, economic and environmental issues facing building owners
- Implement countrywide best practice in relation to energy management
- Reduce energy costs using a structured framework and approach
- Ensure corporate readiness for the demands of the Carbon Reduction Commitment scheme and other impending legislation
- Tangible reduction in energy consumption: gas 35%; electricity 22%; diesel fuel 19%
- Recognition as a seriously sustainable company, operating to best practice
- Creation of a formalised energy policy and objectives
- Establishment of an energy-aware and continuous improvement culture
| || || |
| || |
“We never used to pay much attention to our energy bill. However, since implementing the management system we have been able to save over 20% in energy consumption year on year. BSI has helped put us on the map as a truly sustainable business in a very short space of time.
” Bill Wilkinson, Managing Director Camfil Farr
| || || |