Our customer is one of the largest snack food manufacturers in the world operating in over 150 countries with many well-known product brands. During 2020 they have made a large investment to expand the production facility and capabilities in Turkey. In this facility, the customer produces soft gummy sweet sugar-coated candy and the customer required an efficient and reliable dust extraction solution for a new packaging line.
Sugar is quite a challenging dust to handle due to its characteristics:
• It is explosive - so it needs explosion protection and venting equipment.
• Unit located inside so explosion venting needed to be safe and in line with ATEX directive.
• It is sticky and abrasive - so it needs a durable filter solution.
• Installation space in the production area was limited so the extraction solution needed to be compact.
Camfil Gold Series X-Flo was selected as the optimum solution due to various factors:
• Modular and compact space-saving design - able to install indoors.
• Low Boy dust discharge design - easily accessible and to maintain (reduced overall height of GS unit to 3.5m)
• ATEX compliance - safe flameless venting inside the building.
• Baffle inlet - protects the cartridges against direct abrasion.
• Gold Cone cartridge Dura-Pleat DPA antistatic media - durability and compliant for ATEX to deal with the potentially explosive dust and also release sticky dust.
• Reliability & easy to operate & maintain.
The recommended extraction solution with the Gold Series dust collectors fully met the customer's requirements:
• Compact space-saving extraction system which is easy to maintain.
• ATEX compliance.
• Improved indoor air quality & clean production facility to meet occupational health safety requirements.
• Reduced annual operational costs by approximately 20%.
• Smooth & reliable operation.