Updated 18 May 2018
1. Introduction and contact details
In this integrity notice, Camfil explains how your personal data is processed when you (i) visit our website, (ii) subscribe to our newsletters and information, and/or (iii) are a representative of one of our customer and/or supplier companies. Your integrity is important to us, we therefore encourage you to take the time to read this privacy notice carefully.
Camfil AB is the data controller and thereby responsible for the processing of your personal data carried out by us or on our behalf.If you have any questions regarding the processing, you are welcome to contact us via the contact details provided on the website.
2. What personal data do we process about you?
Personal data is all information that may be associated to you as an individual. Camfil processes different data about you depending on the relationship we have with you, as explained below.If you are a website visitor we process the following data about you:
- Information collected via cookies such as IP address, device type and website interaction (pages viewed, content consumed, etc.) – for more information, please refer to our Cookie Information
- Information submitted by you in a survey or competition we have on our website or in one of our other communication channels (such as contact details or competition entry)
- Contact details in case you have completed a contact form, e.g. for the purpose of downloading material such as a handbook, an article, a case study etc
If you are a subscriber we process the following data about you:
- Email address you've entered in order to receive our newsletters and information
If you are a representative of one of our customer and/or supplier companies we process the following data about you:
- Name and contact details
- Information relating to the company (company name, contact details, your role at the company, billing information, etc.)
- Information and communication relating to the company relationship (e.g. ordered products and services)
- Social security number (in case the company is a sole trader)
In addition we will, regardless of which category above you belong to, process data that you send to or receive from us via customer service or otherwise contact Camfil or one of our employees.
Camfil may also, from time to time, collect information from publicly available sources and third parties, such as social networks and marketing companies. For example, Camfil may receive basic information about your social network profile if you have logged in to Camfil's website or services using your social network account.
3. For what purposes do we process your personal data?
We use the personal data listed above for the purpose of:
- Improving and adjusting the user experience; we may create group profiles or segment for the purpose of creating anonymous, aggregated statistics about the use of our websites, products and services in order to identify features that could be improved and to provide context based advertising to certain groups (data collected for these purposes is not used to identify a particular individual but to analyse how individuals in general or how certain groups use the website or services).
- Sending marketing material; we are sending newsletters and other information that you've signed up for as well as marketing material (note that you can always opt out from marketing via an unsubscribe link that is included in each message).
- Communicating with you; we are sending updates and information about Camfil, event invitations and exhibitions, industry thought pieces etc.
- Asking for feedback; we may ask for feedback through surveys with the intention to improve Camfil and our offering to our customers.
- Administering the relationship; the relationship we have with the customer and/or supplier company you are representing is important to us and we need to communicate with you, for example regarding orders, products or services.
- Communicating with you; if you have any complaint or questions about our offering, products or services we will process your request (note that if your request or inquiry calls for it, we may ask our sales representatives to contact you and such sales representatives are usually independent companies).
- Customer service; we continually strive to improve our customer service and your information/feedback helps us to respond to your customer service requests and support needs in a more efficient/effective way.
- Sales; we may use your data in order to follow up on sales leads and interest in our products and solutions (usually done via contact forms).
4. When is your personal data erased?
We are retaining your data as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes above, thereafter it is erased. If you are a representative, we keep your data as long as you are the designated representative of the company you are representing, thereafter your contact details are replaced with the new representative's contact details.
If you subscribe to our newsletters and information, we keep your data in order to provide you with such information as long as you have not opted out from the newsletters (you may always opt out using the link included in all emails).
For information about how long we store information collected via cookies, we refer you to our For information about how long we store information collected via cookies, we refer you to our Cookie Information.
5. With what legal basis do we process your personal data?
A majority of our processing is carried out based on a balancing of interest. This means that we have a legitimate interest of processing your data and we do it in a way that doesn't interfere with your privacy. For example, our legitimate interest consist of the following:
- Fulfilling the agreement we have with the company you are representing as well as administrating and maintaining a good relationship with such company. For that purpose we have legitimate interest in communicating with you and providing you with relevant information.
- Providing relevant information, newsletters and marketing.
- Providing our website and perform statistical analysis of website usage in order to develop new and relevant functions.
6. To whom do we disclose your personal data?
Your personal data may be shared within Camfil and disclosed to other Camfil group companies for the purpose of leading, planning and organising the work and to external parties outside of Camfil (e.g. parties providing services to Camfil, such as distributors, agents or suppliers). The companies that we disclose data to are only allowed to process your data in accordance with our instructions and by way of agreements we ensure a high level of security for your personal data.
We will also disclose your data to authorities if it follows from a legal requirement or administrative decisions or if Camfil is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
Should we transfer your data to external companies outside the EU/EEA, we ensure that appropriate security measures have been taken, such as including the EU Commission's standard contractual clauses for data transfers (which are available at the EU Commission's website) in our agreements with the parties accessing personal data.
7. Your rights in connection with our processing
7.1 Pursuant to applicable data protection legislation, you have the following rights in connection with our processing of your personal data:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object to our processing of your personal data
- Right to withdraw your consent, a withdrawal will however not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing does not comply with the applicable data protection legislation
7.2 Some of the rights above are only applicable in certain situations. In case you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us via the contact details provided on the website.
7.3 If we make any changes to this policy, we will publish the new version on our website. The most recent version is always accessible on the website and we therefore encourage you to have a look every now and then to ensure that you are aware of our processing of your personal data.