Camfil, the world’s leading provider of air filters and associated services, is now looking for people with experience to join us in the role of Design Engineer at Regional Design Center in Dubai.
This position is for the design and drafting of Air Intake systems and Ventilation & HVAC systems on built to print version which comprises of:
- Sheet metal
- Structural steel
- Air Filters
- Support Middle East, India and Esatern Europe sales teams through provision of drawings, 3D models and specifications.
- Participate in customer and project team meetings. Take the lead in solution design based on discussions, site sketches, site notes, photographs, product selections etc.
- Consistently strive to develop designs that meet customer expectations, provide unique selling points and create customer value at minimum cost.
- Thoroughly review all drawings and specification for accuracy and eliminate errors before distribution to external parties.
- Track and monitor design changes. Update drawings and specifications. Maintain library of all drawings according for each sales enquiry or project. Maintain register of drawing revisions.
- Communication with customer’s engineer, mechanical and electrical installation contractors, architects, civil engineers, external fabrication companies.
- Prepration of Operation & Maintenace manual.
- Support project management team by provision of manufacturing drawings, system integration drawings and specifications.
- Review existing equipment designs and construction methods. Identify areas for improvement. Reduce production costs and manufacturing time. Increase standardisation, modularity and flexibility.
Experience, Skills and Qualification
Experience & Skills:
- 8-10 Years industrial experience in fabrication, mechanical engineering in a multinational production company in the design of HVAC and process ventilation systems. Integration of filters, fans, ducting, chimney stacks, fire dampers, dampers and grilles etc.
- Conversant with all aspects of safety management connected to loading, transport, off-loading, lifting and positioning of heavy steel structures (500 – 20,000 kg). This includes design, positioning and validation of equipment lifting points.
- Certified Solid works Professional in Sheet metal preferred, in absence of this 8-10 Years working experience using Solid works, for modelling and detailing using sheet metal in thickness range 1 to 6mm.
- Weldment & Surface preparation knowledge.
- Fabrication background, preferably in sheet metal work is an added advantage.
- 3D Modelling & 2D Drafting will be major work component, Bill of material generation.
- Knowledge of integration global material standard specially carbon steels, stainless steel, Structural steels, hardware’s, surface preparation etc.
- Knowledge on basic Electrical & Instrumentation aspects is an added advantage.
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Good Communication skills in English, mandatory.
- Team worker, Quick learner.
- A passion for high quality work.
- High attention to detail.
- A clear understanding of the business consequences (positive and negative) that may arise from the work.
- Ability to think critically, innovate, and solve challenging technical problems.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to handle peak work loads.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- Ability to travel abroad for a span of 2-3 weeks several times per year, if required.
Training & Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Camfil is a stable, well established and profitable company and we would love you to share in our success. For more information on this role please contact: Sanjay.Sharma@camfil.com
Last date submission: Apr 30-2019.