Camfil Power Systems is a leading supplier of air filtration and acoustic treatment systems for gas turbines with its headquarters for the Americas in Laval. This opportunity is open to both intermediate and junior level candidates.
The environment is intellectual, collaborative, relaxed and playful, with a strong focus on results. Ideally, you are already familiar with gas turbines or the application of turbo machinery or power generation equipment. Related experience would be industrial air handling equipment, acoustics or process equipment for the energy or resource industries.
The project manager is responsible for managing various projects from the design stage to manufacturing until final product delivery. In addition, he/she will be responsible to identify and find strategies to solve problems create budgets and approve the costs. International traveling ranging from 20 to 25% of the time. Your primary function would be that of application engineering consisting of the following activities:
Description of the duties:
- Participate to Handover from Sales Application in key account team including Key account manager, Project Engineer, Sales Application engineer and the procurement. The project manager will be working in parallel with shared resources (Engineering, Designers, Quality, Sourcing, and Finance)
- Review budget
- Monthly review of costs and update forecast; review with Finance Controller.
- Responsible for execution of the projects and must find solutions to challenges that the team may face.
- Report weekly to KAM project budget activities and manage the project with the support of Engineering, Designers, Quality, Sourcing, and Finance
- Develop a strategy to achieve project execution.
- Provide progress repost chart to Customer when requested
- Schedule follow-up meetings with Team Members
- Develop a process with the Team to execute jobs more efficiently
- Planning and monitoring the project
- Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary
- Establish a good working relationship with the team
- Apply quality management principles and processes
- Inform KAM of any order Variation and ensure follow up.
- Bachelor degree or D.E.C in mechanical engineering is preferred,
- Fluent in English is a must
- A minimum of three years’ experience with demonstrated success in project management
- Experience in managing large projects, including all related activities, such as managing costs, schedules and contracts
- Experience and basic knowledge of the operation of the gas turbine and/or air filtration Systems, an asset
- Ability to read technical drawings and electrical outlines
- Familiar with MS Project software
In addition, we are looking for someone