Designing environmental aspects into the company’s air filters has been a Camfil priority for years. By maintaining a constant dialogue with filter media suppliers and evolving our filter designs, we have been able to reduce the air-flow resistance of our filters, directly improving the energy-efficiency of ventilation systems that use our products in air handling units and other filtration systems. Product design and process control integrate a number of eco-efficiency considerations, including:
- the preservation of natural and fossil resources,
- reduction of waste and emissions,
- operational energy efficiency,
- pollution risk prevention,
- reduction and substitution of hazardous substances, and use of recycled materials and the development of alternative product recycling methods.